The New English Translation (NET) is the newest complete translation of the original biblical languages into English. In the mid-1990s, a multi-denominational team of more than twenty-five of the world’s foremost biblical scholars gathered around the shared vision of creating an English Bible translation that could overcome old challenges and boldly open the door for new possibilities.
The NET’s uniquely transparent, accountable translation process has been crystalized in the most extensive set of Bible translators’ notes ever created. More than 60,000 notes highlight every major decision, outline alternative views, and explain difficult or nontraditional renderings.
The first edition completed and released in 2001, ongoing revisions based on scholarly and user feedback in 2003 and 2005, and a major update reaching its final stages in 2019, the NET’s unique translation process has yielded a beautiful, faithful English Bible for the worldwide church today.
- Translator Notes - explain the rationale for the translation and give alternative, interpretive options, and other technical information
- Study Notes - explanatory notes that include comments about historical or cultural background, explanation of obscure phrases or brief discussions of context, discussions of the theological points
- Text-Critical Notes – highlight alternative readings found in various Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek manuscripts
NET Bibles are available where most Christian books are sold.
- All the new editions of the NET Bibles come with the exclusive NET Comfort Print® designed by 2K/Denmark.
- Full Notes Edition - 8.75-point Scripture text
- Thinline Large Print – 10.5-point
- Thinline - 8.75-point
- Journal Edition - 8.75-point
- Pew - 8.75-point
Please contact your HCCP Sales Representative for more information or place an order.
If you do not have a HCCP Sales Representative, e-mail HCCP Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help and information.
Non-commercial publication: The NET Bible® Scripture text (without the NET Bible notes) may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic, projection, or audio without written permission. This permission is contingent upon the quoted text being followed by the designation (NET) and an appropriate copyright acknowledgment: Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996, 2019 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. http://netbible.com All rights reserved, and for audio production: an one will insert a audio acknowledgement that says "The Scriptures quoted are from the NET Bible® http://netbible.com copyright ©1996, 2019 used with permission from Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved".
For commercial publication: Please contact HarperCollins Christian Publishing licensing for more information.
"It is a rare day of study that I don't consult my NET Bible. I love it not only for the enjoyment of the translation, but for the scholars' notes. They have proved invaluable to me in preparing countless lessons."
Founder, Living Proof Ministries