NET Bible Copyright
NET BIble® CopyrightTHE NET BIBLE®, New English Translation (NET)
- For verses quoted, in limited space situations the three letter abbreviation is: NET
- Alternately, the following may be used:
- NET Bible®
- Please avoid: New English Translation Bible or just New English Translation
- If you quote the NET Bible in your entire work in lieu of saying NET after each scripture you may include the following acknowledgement on your acknowledgement page
- “The Scriptures quoted are from the NET Bible® https://netbible.com copyright ©1996, 2019 used with permission from Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved”.
Quoting the NET BIBLE Text– You may quote the NET BIBLE® verse text in:
1. Non Commercial Print Publication– The NET Bible® Scripture text (without the NET Bible notes) may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic, projection, or audio without written permission. This permission is contingent upon the quoted text being followed by the designation (NET) and an appropriate copyright acknowledgment: Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996, 2019 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. https://netbible.com All rights reserved, and for audio production: an one will insert a audio acknowledgement clip that says “The Scriptures quoted are from the NET Bible® https://netbible.com copyright ©1996, 2019 used with permission from Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved”
You may copy the NET Bible® and print it for others as long as you give it away, do not charge for it and comply with our guidelines for content control including current valid copyright and organizational acknowledgments. In this case, free means free. It cannot be bundled with anything sold, used as a gift to solicit donations, nor can you charge for shipping, handling, or anything. It is provided for personal study or for use in preparation of sermons, Sunday school classes, undergraduate or seminary religion classes or other noncommercial study.
You can download it at https://bible.org/downloads
1a. There has been a lot of interest in producing audio recordings of the NET Bible for local ministry user. Therefore a local ministry eg. Church is granted unlimited non-commercial rights to use the NET Bible text to make audio recordings. You can produce audio recordings of partial or complete books of the Bible (WORK) for free distribution on email and/or CD within the congregation, and as free MP3 downloads made available on the church website and the personal blogs of members of the church to be of benefit to the church at large.
1b. Church and mobile apps
- When the NET Bible is read or used in a sermon no royalty or prior permission is needed. We do request that if projected on the screen the abbreviation (NET) is requested.
- When quotations from the NET Bible® are used in mobile apps, youtube channels, free apps, Internet apps or not-for-sale media, such as church bulletins, orders of service, posters, Blogs, transparencies, projection or similar media. The abbreviation (NET) must be used at the end of the quotation. For software apps with internet access the term NET must be hyperlinked to https://netbible.org. and the sentance; To see the NET Bible® study tool go to https://netbible.org.
2. Commercial Publication -Please contact HarperCollins Christian Publishing licensing for more information.
- For Gratis use of the NET in commercial publications see here
3-For permissions expressly not granted above inquire by e-mail permissions or write Biblical Studies Press..
- The names: THE NET BIBLE®, NEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION COPYRIGHT (c) 1996 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. NET Bible® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK THE NET BIBLE® LOGO, SERVICE MARK COPYRIGHT (c) 1997 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- SATELLITE IMAGERY COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD. AND CENTRE NATIONAL D’ÉTUDES SPATIALES PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD.
updated NET da 3/1/2020