NET Bible Copyright
NET BIble® Copyright
THE NET BIBLE®, New English Translation (NET)
- For verses quoted, in limited space situations the three letter abbreviation is: NET
- Alternately, the following may be used:
- NET Bible®
- Please avoid: New English Translation Bible or just New English Translation
- If you quote the NET Bible in your entire work in lieu of saying NET after each scripture you may include the following acknowledgement on your acknowledgement page
- " Scripture quoted by permission. All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2016 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved."
- Within copyright statements or in discussion about the NET Bible, the following is preferred: Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2016 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. http://netbible.com All rights reserved.
The names: THE NET BIBLE®, NEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION COPYRIGHT (c) 1996 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. NET Bible® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK THE NET BIBLE® LOGO, SERVICE MARK COPYRIGHT (c) 1997 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
SATELLITE IMAGERY COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD. AND CENTRE NATIONAL D'ÉTUDES SPATIALES PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD.
The NET Bible® is not a shareware program or public domain document and may not be duplicated without permission, however: The NET Bible® verse text and the NET Bible® notes, hereafter called NET Bible®, is available on the Internet at http://netbible.org. You may copy the NET Bible® and print it for others as long as you give it away, do not charge for it and comply with our guidelines for content control including current valid copyright and organizational acknowledgments. In this case, free means free. It cannot be bundled with anything sold, used as a gift to solicit donations, nor can you charge for shipping, handling, or anything. It is provided for personal study or for use in preparation of sermons, Sunday school classes, undergraduate or seminary religion classes or other noncommercial study. This release is also available to organizations like the Gideons, who may distribute millions of copies of the NET Bible® text without royalty. This release does not apply to media other than paper.
The NET Bible® verse text (no Notes) can be used by anyone and integrated into your non-commercial project or publication upon condition of proper Biblical Studies Press copyright and organizational acknowledgments as shown in item 2a. below However, for the full NET Bible® verse text and NET Bible® notes, you cannot change the format of the NET Bible® data file(s) or integrate it into or bundle it with any other software e.g. display program or bible study tool without expressed permission. For distribution of the full NET Bible® in any form other than paper, e.g. electronic, CD, DVD, you must obtain written permission and comply with our guidelines for content control and include current copyright and organizational acknowledgments. ( Note para 1.,1a and 2 below grants permission when quoting the NET Bible in non commercial and commercial publications. If you have questions feel free to email us as we have a streamlined email process to reply rapidly.)
Quoting the NET BIBLE Text- You may quote the NET BIBLE® verse text in:
1. Non Commercial Publication- The NET BIBLE® verses (without the NET Bible notes) may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic, projection or audio without written permission.This permission is contingent upon an appropriate copyright acknowledgment. An appropriate copyright acknowledgment is shown in item 2a. below (for audio podcasts, streaming, etc include the acknowledgment as an audio insert and send us an email with links to your readings granting us permission to use your recording on our sites )
1a. There has been a lot of interest in producing audio recordings of the NET Bible for local ministry user. Therefore a local ministry eg. Church is granted unlimited non-commercial rights to use the NET Bible text to make audio recordings. You can produce audio recordings of partial or complete books of the Bible (WORK) for free distribution on email and/or CD within the congregation, and as free MP3 downloads made available on the church website and the personal blogs of members of the church to be of benefit to the church at large. This permission is contingent upon an appropriate copyright acknowledgment on the distribution copy (website or CD) and you need to include an audio insert at the end of each recording in addition we require that you send us an email granting us permission to use your WORK and any promotional material that you use for the WORK..
2. Commercial Publication - The NET BIBLE® verses may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic, projection ) without written permission, providing the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible, do not comprise 50% or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted, and the verses are not being quoted in a commentary or other biblical reference work. If you want permission to use the Net Bible® text without limitations we require an email exchange with our permissions director so he can maintain a log of all entities that have unlimited rights to quote the NET Bible® text. This permission is contingent upon an appropriate copyright acknowledgment. An appropriate copyright acknowledgment printed on the CD or on the text document is shown below in 2a.
For commercial audio recordings write our permissions director.
For permissions expressly not granted above inquire by e-mail permissions or write Biblical Studies Press..
2a. Scripture and/or notes quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2016 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
- for works audio approved in writing; CDs, DVDs. podcasts, streaming, etc include the acknowledgment as an audio insert as follows: The Scriptures quoted are from the NET Bible® http://netbible.org copyright ©1996-2016 used with permission from Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
- When the NET Bible is read or used in a sermon no royalty or prior permission is needed. We do request that if projected on the screen the abbreviation (NET) is requested.
- When quotations from the NET Bible® are used in mobile apps, free apps, Internet apps or not-for-sale media, such as church bulletins, orders of service, posters, Blogs, transparencies, projection or similar media. The abbreviation (NET) must be used at the end of the quotation. For software apps with internet access the term NET must be hyperlinked to http://netbible.org.
updated NET da 5/30/2018